As the Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Technician you will be responsible for the modification and testing of LED lighting product to suit customer requirements, the reworking of power supply units, investigating returned product under RMA and improving the quality, efficiency and profitability of any internal manufacturing and assembly processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of product design and planning processes, tools, techniques and materials for production.
- Interpret drawings, diagrams, specifications, work orders or reports.
- Mounting electrical components into a lighting product. Routing cable within enclosures, making connections at a component level.
- Conducting functionality and safety testing of the modified product.
- Verifying product against specification before shipping
- Ensuring practicality of manufacturing for new product designs
- Developing assembly and test processes for new products
- To produce rework instructions and test specifications
- Training production staff and resolving issues
- Manage production schedule
- Playing a key role in continuous improvement of processes
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of electrical assembly and test with a strong understanding of manufacturing techniques and product applications
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to understand the technical detail
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
Qualifications and Experience
- A background within a similar role, with “hands on” manufacturing experience is preferred
- Ideally educated to HNC Level or equivalent in Electrical and/or Electro-Mechanical engineering.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to work for Sunpower Group Holdings as an Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Technician, please submit your cover letter and CV here